Cooking Classes and Events
Nature’s Pantry 2019-20
Kids learn how to nourish and heal themselves using the natural world around them. They will:
- Harvest aloe vera gel for sunburn relief and a luscious face cream.
- Create first-aid salves and lip balms using simple, safe, medicinal oils they make in class.
- Cook a delicious soup using onions, garlic and ginger—some of the most familiar, powerful medicinal plants on Earth.
- Enjoy a magical tea party using vitamin-C rich rose hips for honey-sweetened tea and homemade jam. Unforgettable!
- Cook traditional Indian Aloo Tikki potato cakes mixed with traditional spices, onions, garlic, and ginger. While dipping their yummy creations into different chutneys, kids learn how cultures around-the-world use nature’s pantry for a healthy diet as well as creating medicines used for thousands of years.
- Learn about fermentation by making kombucha. This ancient sweetened black tea works its magic with a SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast). The best time in the process is when kids handle the wonderful, squishy Scobies. Kids eat or take home everything they make in class!
Watch this space.
Please contact Barbara here if you have any questions.